Friday, October 16, 2015

SKINCARE IN MY THIRTIES




1.   Ole Henrikson Truth Serum Collagen Booster
10. Shiseido Benefiance Eye cream 



Throughout high school and college I worked in salons and beauty retail stores. I have always been a product whore and love trying new beauty and hair products and finding new serums, lotions and "goo," as my husband would call it. I used to keep my purchases to hair products and makeup, however once I started getting up into my late twenties, (...and eventually 30) skincare became more important to me as I began seeing the signs of aging. 

My skin is in no way perfect and for many reasons. One thing I do know is that it always looks best when I take off my makeup and put on serum, moisturize, etc., consistently at night, and when I drink lots of water to stay hydrated. Duh. But seriously, I can tell in my face if I've been slacking on drinking water. Often I need to force remind myself to do those things, but I'm always happy to wake up with a clean face and know I took care of my skin the night before. 

Sephora is by far my favorite store to spend time in. One of my favorite things about shopping there is the Rewards program, (About to reach Rouge status and cannot wait for the upgraded rewards!!) which you can read about here. Another one of my favorite things about it is the amount of reviews that site holds and how I can read what other ladies have to say about products before I purchase. They have a great sample system both online and in the stores. In the back of the store they'll make you a sample of anything you want to try and print off information and directions for it, which is awesome. My mom sent me this article called 25 Things About Sephora Every Makeup Addict Should Know, which I highly recommend and found fascinating. 

Okay, now onto the products I use or used last winter that I love. I use my clarisonic mia daily with the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, (or cetaphil in a pinch) but it is currently broken, (Yes, it won't take a charge anymore and I can't get it open!) so I'm using this face scrub by Laura Mercier right now. I use it in the shower each morning and love the smell and clean feel. I use this glamglow supermud clearing treatment, which is awesome, when I have any breakouts and also as a masque a couple times a month. It is kind of amazing to put on and watch how it turns a lighter color and actually pulls stuff out of your skin. It's pricey but really worth the money. Maybe try a sample before purchasing the whole thing. I did this and told the beauty advisor not to be shy and he filled it up all the way! I got at least three masques and lots of zit use out of that sample. 

I use the Korres Greek Yogurt Night Facial and the Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist Eye Cream when my face is feeling really dehydrated and both work great. I really love the Korres Greek Yogurt and need to repurchase a jar. During the winter I use the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Cream on my face in the morning before putting on my foundation. I have really oily skin, however it can handle this cream in the mornings during the winter. 

Peels are something I've only gotten into over the past year. I started by using the Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta extra strength peels about a year ago, but haven't used them every day since. I do notice a difference in my skin looking brighter and more even-toned when I use them consistently. They are great in the winter when you have dry patches (I get them around my nose) and they smooth your skin right out. I've stepped it up to the Ole Henriksen Power Peel, which I use maybe twice a month, and it feels so refreshing and tight. I love the tingling feeling it gives my face and my face looks brighter after I use it. 

I obviously love to talk about beauty products so I may try to do more of these posts in the future. Sorry it was so long. ;) I apparently have a lot to say about skincare. Who knew? Happy Friday!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment