Wednesday, December 16, 2015

FAMILY UPDATE


Merry Christmas-time y'all! The holidays are my favorite time of the year and I am so excited for this Christmas. It's been a minute since I've posted anything on this blog and there's a reason for that. Well, a couple actually. Mainly, I got really busy at work and had to get back to my "real" life and my job that actually pays the bills ;) But there's been a big change and since I started this blog last summer to document my life in the suburbs with my husband, I feel like I should definitely be recording these recent events. So, in case you haven't guessed it already, Baby S is due in May!!


J and I could not be more excited about this addition to our family. I am about 18 weeks along and these pictures were taken at a sonogram around 13 weeks. We caught the little sweetie sucking his thumb and I will treasure these pictures forever! The ultrasound tech told us it's a boy but we're not 100% sure yet - about 90% and I am so excited to have a little boyfriend! 


I'm pretty sure that little miss Lucy knows something's cooking in there, but I'm sure she has no idea her reign as the baby is about to end. Actually, she'll always be my baby. She seems pretty curious to meet her little brother though. We've been doing a lot of relaxing and napping together over the past several weeks.

During the first trimester I was so sleepy and felt sick unless I was snacking on something. I feel like I put on plenty of weight in my face (and other places!) that it was obvious I was prego but wanted to keep it our little secret for as long as possible. It feels like such a special time for J and I. Ever since I hit the 16 week mark, I've had so much more energy and I've really popped a belly this past week. See the pics below. (I wasn't brave enough to post a full body underwear shot ;)




In other VERY exciting news, I got a new iPhone! I got the 6s Plus and I couldn't love it more. I know I'm late to the party, but who cares?! It's a lot easier to take pictures of myself in the mirror (although it feels goofy) than it is to drag my husband out after work for a "photo shoot" and I'm usually ready for bed around 6pm these days anyway. It's also dark by the time I get home so that doesn't help either and I honestly haven't been in the mood to show myself off as clothes look really awkward on me and I'm in a strange stage right now. I'm hoping to get back to posting updates here regularly and getting back to documenting our adventures - there is so much to come in the next several months! 



So anyway, that's the big update and hopefully I'll be back posting over the next several weeks, randomly, as I feel I have good stuff to share. I'm working on a post of all the things I've bought myself for Christmas and have already worn, so keep an eye out for that ;)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I'm so happy for you☺️ x

    http://sprinkleofaimeex.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete