Friday, June 2, 2017

Calvin Michael

Calvin is 13 months and I'm just now deciding to document this day. Time has flown by and I don't want to ever forget what those first few hours were like. 
Calvin was born on April 27, 2016 at 7:52am. He was three weeks early and arrived on our third wedding anniversary. I can't think of a better way to spend our anniversary than eating takeout at the hospital while staring at our hours-old baby. It was so special and I'll remember it forever. 

On April 26, 2016 I went to work, got a highlight, and it seemed like any ordinary Tuesday. My husband and I were still driving to/from work together and left a little early that day because of a thunderstorm. Hail was expected and we wanted to get our car in the garage before it was damaged. On the way home I asked Jon, "Do you think this baby knows it's storming? He is moving around A LOT!" Little did we know...it was only a matter of hours before we'd meet Calvin. 

Jon and I got home and changed into pajamas (lounging clothes) and I went upstairs to organize my makeup table. As I was getting up from the couch I felt a huge movement in my belly. I told Jon, I thought the baby just flipped sides. I walked upstairs and as soon as I walked into the master bathroom, my water broke. I yelled to Jon that it had happened and he immediately ran upstairs to meet me. We were both standing in the bathroom and he asked if I was sure. At that point, it broke again and he said "Okay, okay, I believe you. Stop!" ;) I called the Doctor who said to go the Hospital and off we went. 

We arrived at the hospital at 7:45pm and I was in labor through the night. Holding still for the needle while I was getting my epidural was the worst part. I tried to sleep a little, but the machines would beep and wake me up. Of course I didn't get any sleep that night. The nurses came in to check me a few times and at about 6:20 a.m. they said I was almost ready to start pushing. My doctor arrived, I started pushing at 7am and Calvin arrived at 7:52 a.m. He was 5 lbs. and 15 oz. of pure snuggles. 

It was an amazing experience and I would go through childbirth every week if I knew it would go as smoothly as it did. I had a somewhat difficult pregnancy and really didn't enjoy that process very much, but the actual childbirth part was amazing. I had the best doctor and best group of nurses and the whole process was magical. 




Photos from his newborn shoot








Thanks for stopping by! 

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment