Thursday, July 16, 2015

4th of July Recap

I can't believe the summer is already half over! Where did it go? I am usually dying for summer to end and Fall to arrive so I can wear my boots and jackets, but slow down 2015! I'm not done with summer yet.

My husband is from central Nebraska, and I believe "The good life" is Nebraska's slogan. I'm not sure if it is officially the slogan, but right at the Kansas/Nebraska state line there's a sign that says, "Welcome to the Good Life." Anywho.... J's dad and stepmom live on a giant lake in western Nebraska and it takes us about seven hours to drive there, but it's so worth it every.single.time. We usually make the trip every year for  the 4th of July celebrations.

Sunset over Lake McConaughy in Ogallala, Nebraska (Lake Mac ;)

The lake is so relaxing. J and I spent a week here after I took the bar exam in 2012 and it was exactly what I needed after such a stressful time. It's a great place to get away and play. We try to get there at least a couple of times each summer.

Here are some pics from 4th of July festivities.

Pineapple Suit: Anthropologie; Hat: Target Sunnies: Ralph Lauren (can't find link, but old)

I lost the hat I'm wearing in the picture above while out on the boat, but I ordered a new one today on Target's BOGO half off sale! I  also used the code JULY and received an additional 10% off. Here is the other hat I purchased  for the BOGO deal. Lost one, gained two! Winner!

Some insta action

Sailing the starboarding way ;) Our friend here was really festive in his America trunks...and headband, which I really wish I had a good picture of. 

Happy 4th of July Uncle Dan! 

Shirt: Target  Jeans: Treasure&Bond Sandals: Sam Edelman

I felt very festive in my cheeseburger shirt ;) I wish I had the info on J's shirt. I was kind of surprised he actually wore the 4th of July shirt I purchased and secretly packed in his lake bag. Sneaky Sneaky. He's a good sport. His shirt had an "America" theme with it's giant cut-out armholes, and red/white/blue flip cup print.

The lake is all about doing whatever you want to do. If you want to fish, you can do that. If you want to lay out, you can do that. If you want to make dinner for everyone, you can do that. If you want to go tubing...you get the point. There are endless activities and options at the lake. 

This particular lake fluctuates and because of all the rain this year, it was higher than ever. When we go to the lake we usually take J's dad's boat out. This time we took our friend's sailboat out and it was so.much.fun! I had never sailed before that weekend, but it's something I'm dying to do again soon. 

I can't wait to go back! 


Thanks for stopping by! 

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment