Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Suit Style

I wore this outfit to work yesterday and we did a little photo shoot when we got home. Note to self: clothes look better before they've been worn for 11 hours straight. I'll have to remember that in the future. :)


               

 
Top: Frenchi // H&M Pencil Skirt old, similar here  // Suit Jacket: old, similar here Also loving this suit // Bag: River Island also loving this River Island backpack // Pumps here   



It's a two-shower-a-day kind of hot and humid here in Kansas. Thus, wearing a stuffy suit isn't so appealing, but sometimes it's not an option either. To make it bearable (and cute!) I paired this pencil skirt with this tank, which I purchased at the beginning of the summer. I ordered the top in black and rose-water and LOVE THEM because the fabric keeps me feeling cool in these hot temps. A pencil skirt is such a classic and I was surprised how much I liked the lavender and navy together.

I actually got this skirt and jacket separately, from completely different stores and different clothing lines. However, when paired together, it looks like a true matching suit. I happened to be wearing the skirt in Target one day and saw this jacket --- the matching jacket! They've been suit soul-mates ever since and although it's my least expensive suit, it is my absolute favorite to wear!

I got this bag from Asos.com a couple years back, and I've worn the heck out of it since. In fact, it broke and you can see the exact moment in the 4th photo. Fix or shop....??? Hmmm.......

Thanks for stopping by!!

Sarah






4 comments:

  1. Your shoes are gorgeous!! Love the outfit!

    Carley @ preppylane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
    In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as
    you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.


    Here is my homepage :: 4m pop up display 4 metre pop up display

    ReplyDelete